Tired of eating out? Don’t have the money? Not worth taking the kids out? Whether a working mom or stay at home mom, we all have “those days” where we need to fix something quickly for dinner! These meals are quick, easy, and made from items real food that I almost always have in my pantry/fridge.
1. Pasta with Meat Sauce- It couldn’t be easier! Get water for pasta boiling, cook meat, add sauce (from a can or homemade) and serve with some sliced veggies. Note: Make homemade pasta sauce in large batches and freeze in old spaghetti sauce jars! You’ll have the perfect portion and its super easy to use.
2. Omelets– Eggs and any mix-ins. This is easily customizable for the picky eater. Mix-ins: peppers, onions, cheese, leftover meat (ground beef, sausage, bacon, lunchmeat etc.), tomatoes, zucchini, etc. If you are feeling fancy, chop some sweet potatoes or russet potatoes and fry them on the stove to serve with the omelets. Chopped fruit is an easy side to serve too!
3. Grilled Chicken– Dump your chicken in a bowl in the morning with some Italian Dressing and let marinate all day. When its time for dinner, you can throw it on the grill. Make a salad while you are grilling and some bread and butter, and you have an easy meal. If it is too cold out, you can also easily bake it in the oven.
4. Grilled Cheese and Soup– A trick for amazing grilled cheese is to add some garlic salt to the buttered side of the bread! Soup is also easy either from a can or the freezer (I always double soup anytime I make it to freeze). Classic meal no kid will turn down!
5. Tacos– Make your own tacos are a favorite at our house. Choose your meat (chicken, ground beef, beef, fish, shrimp) and your toppings (cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tartar sauce, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, etc.) and set everything out separately with your tortillas (if you like to make your own, they are easily freezable). Let the kids choose their own toppings and make their own tacos! Another option is to do the same thing for a taco salad!
Getting everyone fed is often a huge accomplishment with fussy babies, long work days, and hectic schedules. These meals can help you make a wholesome meal for your family and spend a little amount of time doing it.
What’s your favorite quick meal?