It was a rainy day today, so while the baby slept, the older two and I did a fun craft that will help decorate our home for Halloween! This hanging cotton ball ghost can easily be tailored for many ages!
Ghost template (you can make your own or USE MINE HERE)
White card-stock (you can use regular white paper, but it will be floppier)
Black Construction Paper
White School Glue
Ribbon or Yarn (for hanging them up)
What to do:
1. Print off my template or draw your own on the cardboard stock. (Older children can make their own!)
2. Cut out two eyes and an oval mouth for your ghost out of the black construction paper.
3. Cut out the ghost template. My 5 year old cut out her own. I cut the one for my 2 year old.
4. Put glue on a disposable plate (or place glue all over ghost for a quicker craft).
5. Cover your ghost with cotton balls by dipping cotton balls into the glue and placing them onto your ghost. (If you placed glue on your ghost, just place cotton balls right onto the ghost.)
6. Once you have covered your ghost with cotton balls, glue two eyes and a mouth onto your ghost.
7. When the glue has dried, punch a hole in the top of the ghost and tie your ribbon or yarn onto it.
8. Enjoy decorating your home with homemade ghosts. They go great on the ceiling fan pull chains or a door knob.