Coconut oil has recently become a Crunchy Moms favorite natural product! It has countless uses in the home, for your health, and will replace many expensive products! Coconut oil is very affordable and available at your local grocery store!
Here are 15 of my favorite uses for coconut oil:
1. Use as sunscreen for the whole family.
- Some sunscreens can actually cause skin cancer cells to grow.
- Sunscreens are full of chemicals and can actually block much needed Vitamin D rays!
- Coconut oil cleanses the blood when used topically!
- Coconut oil is a natural anti-oxidant (prevents wrinkles).
2. Use as a skin moisturizer.
3. Use as makeup remover.
- Simply use a tiny bit on your fingertips, massage into your skin (or gently wipe your eyes), and rinse off. Also works great as a cleanser.
4. Use as deep conditioner for hair.
- Coat your hair, wrap in shower cap or plastic wrap, let it sit overnight, and wash out in the morning!
5. Use as a natural remedy for Eczema.
6. Use it to help soothe chicken pox, shingles, or other rashes or skin irritations.
7. Use to soothe & heal sunburned skin, bee stings, & bug bites.
8. Use as a natural remedy for dandruff.
- Coconut oil has natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and is naturally moisturizing.
9. Use for your baby’s diaper rash cream.
- Coconut oil provides a natural relief for baby’s bum.
10. Use to relieve cradle cap on your little one.
- Gently rub into your baby’s scalp, use a baby brush or comb to gently clean off the dead skin, and finish by taking a warm washcloth over baby’s head.
11. Use as a stretch mark cream.
- Coconut Oil helps prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
12. If nursing, use coconut oil on your nipples to prevent cracking and irritation.
13. Consuming coconut oil while nursing will help increase your milk flow.
14. Use to season cast iron pans.
- Wash cast iron in hot water; dry over warm burner; apply small amount of coconut oil to pan; place in warm oven (or over warm burner) allowing oil to melt into pan.
15. Use as furniture polish.
- Mix with a dash of lemon juice for an inexpensive furniture polish that smells delightful!