Lemon Oil is a very powerful essential oil with anti-fungal, anti-viral, and astringent properties. It fights against bacteria so it aids in kicking out colds, coughs, and sore throats. To apply this essential oil, adults can use 2 to 4 drops topically, while 1 to 2 drops are sufficient for children. Rubbing the drops into a baby’s feet is a great way to use the essential oils for infants.
The following are 12 amazing uses for Pure Lemon Essential Oil:
1. Soothe a sore throat
- Add a drop or two to water and gargle.
2. Quiet a cough, kick out a cold, and bring down a fever
- Add a drop or two to a glass of water and drink or diffuse into the air and breathe deeply.
- Add a drop or two to water and gargle. This practice neutralizes bad breath.
4. Disinfect your cleaning supplies
- Add a few drops to water in a spray bottle and use to sanitize.
5. Remove gum out of hair
- Apply one or two drops to the gum. Gently rub to remove.
6. Clean up crayon spots and grease spots
- Apply one or two drops to the spot and gently rub to remove.
7. Rinse fruit with it to clean and help increase shelf life
- Add two or three drops to cool water. Add fruit and stir.
8. Preserve leather
- Add several drops to a soft cloth to clean/preserve the leather.
9. Heal cold sores
- Apply one or two drops to sore.
10. Diffuse into the air for a mood boost
- Increases clarity
11. Naturally Repel Insects
- Dilute one to two drops with a carrier oil and apply to skin.
12. Relieve Heartburn
- Add a drop or two to a glass of water and drink.
*Note: Not all brands of essential oils are created equal. Make sure that your essential oil is Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG). These essential oils are 100% safe and natural and can be taken internally.
**Disclaimer: The information provided is for educational purposes only. None of these statements are intended to treat or diagnose an illness or disease. Seek medical advice for injuries, illnesses, or disease.